View our online help guides (click here) or use the search box below to search directly for what you need help with. For chat support click through to our support-center where we have a live chat option.
Effective Clean Sustainable
Medical algae come in various forms. Each form of medical algae has its own unique set of benefits and may be used for different therapeutic purposes. Algae products are a highly effective, clean, and sustainable solution as opposed to animal-based (e.g. fish, sheep’s wool) products. Among the most common forms of medical algae are powder, capsules, liquid extract, and oil. Algae oil, however, is the most bioavailable form and can be extracted from certain species of algae. It may be used as a dietary supplement or as an ingredient in functional foods.
Omega 3 from algae better than fish omega 3
1. Sustainability: One of the main advantages of omega-3 from algae is that it is a sustainable source of omega-3 fatty acids. The global demand for fish has put pressure on fish stocks and has led to 1/3 of the world’s oceans suffering from overfishing. In contrast, microalgae can be grown in controlled environments, making them a more environmentally-friendly and sustainable source of omega-3 fatty acids. 2. Purity: Fish can sometimes contain high levels of mercury and other toxins, depending on the source and species. Algae-based omega-3 products, on the other hand, are free from these contaminants. 3. Effectiveness: The EPA and DHA content in fish can vary widely depending on the species and the way it’s prepared. Algae-based omega-3s are standardized to contain specific amounts of EPA and DHA, making it easier to know exactly how much you’re getting. Omega-3 oil from algae is typically more bioavailable than its fish-oil counterpart, meaning it can be more easily absorbed and utilized by the body. 4. Taste: Some people find the taste of fish oil supplements unpleasant or have difficulty digesting them. Algae-based omega-3 oil is typically tasteless and easier to digest.
Vitamin D3 from Algae better than sheep’s wool
1. Vegan/Vegetarian-friendly: Vitamin D3 from algae is a great alternative for those who follow a vegan or vegetarian diet and do not want to consume animal-derived products. 2. Sustainability: As vitamin D3 from algae can be grown in a controlled environment, it is a more environmentally-friendly and sustainable source of vitamin D3 than sheep’s wool. 3. Purity: Vitamin D3 from sheep’s wool can sometimes contain contaminants, such as pesticides or heavy metals. In contrast, vitamin D3 from algae is typically free from these contaminants. 4. Effectiveness: Both vitamin D3 from algae and sheep’s wool are effective sources of vitamin D3. However, recent studies suggest that vitamin D3 from algae may be more bioavailable than vitamin D3 from sheep’s wool.
What are the Potential Benefits of Algae Oil?
Medical algae oil is a type of oil extracted from various species of algae that have potential health benefits. Some of the most common types of algae used for oil extraction include microalgae and macroalgae. Some other potential health benefits of medical algae oil include:
1. Supporting eye health: Algae oil contains the carotenoid astaxanthin, which has been shown to support eye health and may help reduce the risk of age-related macular degeneration.
2. Supporting skin health: Algae oil is rich in antioxidants, which may help protect against UV damage and support healthy skin.
3. Supporting immune function: Algae oil contains compounds that have been shown to support immune function and may help reduce the risk of certain diseases.